HAYDON WILLIAMS

DEMOLITION : KINGS CROSS

Images recorded before the regeneration of the area and the creation of the Eurostar Rail Link at St.Pancras. Memories of another time, when town gas had to be stored in massive gasometers. Erected in 1880, this group of structures were wonderfully impressive. Looming over the surrounding area, they created a network of overlapping latticed forms. Now, symbols of a technology overtaken by events, most have been demolished.

Demolition : Kings Cross

60 cm x 84 cm x 5 cm
Mixed media on card and wood. Low relief structures contained within a shallow box base.

Preparatory Works