After a stimulating 40-year career as an International Colour and Design Consultant, I have returned to my first love, the creation of artworks.
Working on photographic collages, drawings, paintings or three-dimensional reliefs, my works are largely based on landscape locations. Given a surreal or fantasy twist, they are often linked to historic or current events.
My studio is close to the iconic Richmond Park in South West London, which has been the inspiration for many of my works.
I welcome all enquiries about my work, so feel free to contact me.
BIOGRAPHY — DESIGN & ART ACTIVITIES
- Returned to full-time Creation and Exhibition of Drawings. Paintings and 3-Dimensional Reliefs.
- Retired from Design Consultancy Practice.
- Closed Haydon Williams International Limited business.
- Exhibition: 'Light Gallery', Central London. Paintings and Drawings.
(Joint exhibition with Rowena Vestey (daughter)
- Solo Exhibition: 'Small Arts Mansion' – London. 'Newton's Rings' - Photography.
- Extensive International Business Travel – Europe – USA – Japan – South Africa – Australasia. Colour, Design & Style Consultancy.
- Recording Images: Drawing and Photography for artworks.
- Formed Haydon Williams International Limited. Colour, Design & Style Consultancy, London.
Client base in Australasia, Japan, USA and Europe. Diverse range of manufacturing industries involved.
- Educational Activities: External Assessor in Printed Textile Design Degree Courses - Liverpool & Leicester Colleges of Art.
- Occasional visiting Lecturer on Professional Design Practice – St. Martins, Winchester & Chelsea Colleges of Art.
- Sponsored: Royal Society of Arts Design Bursary Award – Automotive Textiles & Interior Trim.
- Solo Exhibition: 'Drian Gallery' – Central London. Drawings, Paintings, 3-Dimensional Reliefs.
- Solo Exhibition: 'Prudhoe Gallery' – Central London. Drawings, Paintings, 3-Dimensional Reliefs.
- Colour and Design Consultancy practice.
- Visiting part-time Lecturer in Surface Decoration/Textiles.
- Returned to London from USA. Established Design Studio. South West London.
Freelance Design Practice: Europe, USA.
- Visiting part-time Lecturer in Design: Guildford, Croydon Colleges of Art.
- Won 1st Prize 'Gilt Edge' International Carpet Design Competition.
- Received 'Duke of Edinburgh' Design Award for Furnishing Textiles designed for HEAL FABRICS LTD.
- Design Studio, Manhattan, New York, USA. Garment and Furnishing Textiles, Wallpaper Design.
- Creating Artworks: Photographs, Drawings, Paintings.
- Travelled around the USA. Recording locations, Events.
- Graduated Des RCA Hons (1st). Printed Textile Design.
- Awarded Royal College of Art Prize for 2-Dimensional Design.
- Granted 'Gulbenkian USA Travelling Scholarship'.
- Royal College of Art. Studied Printed Textile Design. Tutors: Humphrey Spender (Photographer - Designer - Artist), John Drummond (Designer).
- Created product for 'Brewers Exhibition: Fabrics, 3-dimensional Murals, Wallcoverings.
Co-ordinators: Lady Margaret Casson, Sir Hugh Casson's Design Practice.
- Exhibited at 'Young Contemporaries' – Paintings.
- Loughborough College of Art, Leicestershire. Studied Fine Art and Printed Textile Design. Tutors: Bryan Organ (Painter), Bridget Riley (Painter).
- Awarded Diploma Loughborough College of Art 1st class
- National Diploma of Design 1st class: Printed Textiles.
- Won lst Prize International Carpet Design Competition.
- Lutterworth Grammar School, Leicestershire.
- Junior School, Leicestershire.
- Born Southampton, Hampshire 14th March.